Monday, August 11, 2014

Family baboon time

Well, some unexpected truck trouble has brought me back to Nanyuki already, so I’m taking advantage and continuing to catch up on more posts!

After our spectacular time in the Mara we came up to Laikipia to spend some quality time with my baboon family.  Laura and Sam finally got to meet everyone and show off their baboon skills. My family was excited to see where I spend most of my time in Kenya and meet the rest of the crew. Of course there were plenty of other things to do as well, but here are some shots of our time on Laikipia:

This is the whole group!

Meghan with the babs

Kara with baby babs

Meghan and Charlie with a big male

The Debbies :)

Claytastic

Me and my dad

One day we missed the baboons at the sleeping site and had to chase them for a few kilometers before catching up with them. But once we did, they were nice to us and didn't move too far. Definitely some quality baboon time: 



Auntie Debbie was so at home with the babs that she took a little cat nap! 

We also made time to see more of the area, mostly at sundowners. So we brought a beverage out to a nice spot, enjoyed the views, and kept an eye on all the wildlife. 


Family portrait

Awww, aren't they cute? 

The Coles: Ann, Megan and John


 

Kara talking to her boys from a sundowner. 
Wyatt's only words: 'Hi Mama!' (but x 1000)

Whatcha spottin' Dad?

Clay's epic sundowner pose

We also celebrated the 4th of July up at camp. Complete with a barbecue! Mutuku and Peter helped light the fire, but my dad was the head cook:



We finished this night with a dance party, but somehow I missed all those photo moments... 

Next up, events while at baboon camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment